The holidays: a time for good will, family gatherings, and, apparently, wrestling. Fox’s WWE Friday Night SmackDown again led the evening’s demo ratings wars, albeit on a night where there was little fresh programming as competition.
The SmackDown had an 0.7 and 2.44 million viewers to win the night, although the most viewers honors went to CBS crime drama Hawaii Five-0, which drew 4.81 million in total audience despite being in reruns.
More from Deadline
- 'Ford V Ferrari' Rounds $200M Mark At Worldwide Box Office
- Alex Trebek Admits To "Moments Of Depression" Amid Cancer Battle
- This Week In Music: New Year's Eve Lineups Feature BTS, Village People, The Chainsmokers
America Salutes You Presents Guitar Legends 3 and Popstar’s Best of 2019 specials on The CW posted 0.1 ratings in the 8 PM and 9 PM slots, with the total audience numbers rather low at 590,000 and 310,000.
Best of Deadline
- Stan Lee's Legacy: Ranking The Hollywood Heroes Co-Created By The Marvel Comics Icon
- Disney-Fox Deal: How It Ranks Among Biggest All-Time Media Mergers