While the world waits for Nicki Minaj to issue a formal response to Remy Ma's "ShETHER" diss, Foxy Brown appears to be gearing up for some heat of her own. In a snippet posted to Soundcloud Friday, Foxy Brown goes in over Jay Z's Kanye West-produced "Takeover" beat. The original 2001 Blueprint cut, of course, was originally released as a diss against Nas and Prodigy.
Hold up Foxy Brown about to drop a Remy Ma diss on the Takeover beat? pic.twitter.com/S5ZnXIhPuY— Nigel D. (@NigelDPresents) March 3, 2017
In "ShETHER," Remy Ma seemingly references past reports of Foxy Brown experiencing hearing trouble. "Talking shit about me to a deaf bitch/And usually I have sympathy for the impaired," Remy Ma raps in the track. "But not when you hard of hearin' from untreated gonorrhea." On Friday, footage featuring apparent audio (see above) of Foxy's "Breaks Over" surfaced on social media before a proper snippet showed up on SoundCloud:
Remy Ma and Terror Squad CEO Fat Joe stopped by The Wendy Williams Show Friday, with Ma explaining some of her reasoning behind the back-to-back disses. "When you're trying to stop my bag, when you're trying to stop me from taking care of my children, now I have a problem with that," Remy said of Nicki's alleged behind-the-scenes actions against her.
On the previous episode of Williams' show, she revealed that Foxy Brown had just welcomed a baby girl. "Literally, as I'm putting on my bracelet, the telephone rings," Williams said. "Congratulations to Foxy Brown. She had a baby girl." Williams added that she wouldn't say the father's name, but invited Foxy to give the show a call soon.
- Remy Ma Continues to Bash Nicki Minaj: 'My Grandmother Told Me to Never Speak Ill of the Dead'
- Remy Ma Released Another Nicki Minaj Diss Track and Twitter Blew Up
- Remy Ma Takes Direct Aim at Nicki Minaj on New Diss Song "shETHER"
More from Complex
- Slain Rapper Bankroll Fresh's Debut Album Finally Has a Release Date
- U.S. Soccer Creates Rule Mandating Players Stand for National Anthem
- Donald Trump 'Went Ballistic' on Senior Staffers in Heated White House Meeting
- Isaiah Thomas Says Phoenix Suns 'Gave Me a Christmas Gift' Trading Him to Boston Celtics
- Mark Cuban Won't Rule Out 2020 Presidential Run Against Donald Trump