The network will launch the drama, which was held over from last broadcast season, on Tuesday October 6 at 9 pm. It takes the slot previously designated from Filthy Rich, which was also held over, after the broadcast debut of Cosmos: Possible Worlds at 8pm.
More from Deadline
- Friday Ratings: Fox's WWE Friday Night SmackDown Tops CBS' Greatest @Home Video Roundup
- 'Bob's Burgers' Creatives Tease Season 11 & Pandemic Episode - Comic-Con@Home
- Fox's 'The Resident' Will Dive Into The Pandemic To Start Its Season 4, Says Amy Holden Jones
News on Filthy Rich’s premiere date is expected shortly.
NeXt comes from creator and executive producer Manny Coto (24: Legacy) and executive producers and directors John Requa and Glenn Ficarra (This Is Us).
A fact-based thriller about the emergence of a deadly, rogue artificial intelligence that combines action with an examination of how technology is invading our lives and transforming us in ways we don’t yet understand.
Mad Men alum Slattery stars as a Silicon Valley pioneer, who discovers that one of his own creations – a powerful A.I. – might spell global catastrophe, and teams up with a cybercrime agent, played by The First’s Fernanda Andrade, to fight a villain.
The series also stars Michael Mosley (Ozark), Jason Butler Harner (Ozark), Eve Harlow (Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.), Aaron Moten (Mozart in the Jungle), Gerardo Celasco (How to Get Away with Murder), Elizabeth Cappuccino (Jessica Jones) and Evan Whitten (The Resident).
20th Century Fox Television is the studio.
Slattery, Andrade, Butler Harner, Mosly, Harlow and Coto will be discussing the series on a panel at Comic-Con@Home on Sunday morning.
Best of Deadline
- U.S. Coronavirus Update: New Cases Break Record 70,000 For The First Time; Infections Up 40% Since Early July
- Coronavirus: Movies That Have Halted Or Delayed Production Amid Outbreak
- Hong Kong Filmart Postponed Due To Coronavirus Fears; Event Moves Two Weeks Before Toronto