On Wednesday night, Watters’s mother sent in a series of texts that included these:
- “We are a nation of laws. Please tone down the attack on our court system. You end up presenting as lacking a moral compass, honey. We all know you are a Trumpet — you need not scream it.”
- “Please stay in your wheelhouse — you can have an opinion but let’s acknowledge that you have no legal expertise.”
- “Do not accept an offer to be Chief of Staff…”
The segment, called “Mom Texts,” has even featured Watters’s mom, Dr. Anne Watters, on the show in person. And viewers on Twitter, both liberal and conservative, can’t seem to get enough of her.
The best recurring segment on Fox News is when Jesse Watters reads text messages from his liberal mom owning him pic.twitter.com/595zajznqA
— Max Tani (@maxwelltani) December 12, 2018
So turns out Jesse Watters’ mom is the best analyst Fox News has https://t.co/KvC4vWZFd6
— Seth Abramson (@SethAbramson) December 13, 2018
Even some of Watters’s conservative fans love his mom, pointing out that she has the “courage to love but disagree” with her son.
I love her! Even though I agree with you but I am a mom!!
— Joanne Healy (@fivejay14) December 13, 2018
I LOVE Jesse Watters Mom!! She raised an independent thinking man, with courage to love but disagree. https://t.co/HfRKivL4TB
— Monty L. Donohew (@montydonohew) December 13, 2018
Jesse Watters’ Mom is the checks and balances American politics needs rn https://t.co/TcW2Adc7a2
— Ben Smith (@benalexsmith18) December 13, 2018
Watch Fox News mistakingly refer to President Trump as “David Trump”:
Read more from Yahoo Entertainment:
- Leah Remini responds to Louis Farrakhan’s defense of Scientology
- Adam Levine knocked out of ‘The Voice’ finale following backlash
- Nancy Pelosi praised after she and Chuck Schumer spar with Donald Trump in impromptu televised confrontation