The post Fountains of Wayne and Sharon Van Etten Share “Hackensack” Benefit Single: Stream appeared first on Consequence of Sound.
Fountains of Wayne and Sharon Van Etten are teaming up again. Today, they’re sharing a recording from last week’s Jersey 4 Jersey benefit, specifically their collaborative performance of 2003 jam “Hackensack”.
Last week, the surviving members of the band reunited for their first performance in seven years to both pay tribute to Adam Schlesinger and raise money for The New Jersey Pandemic Relief Fund. Schlesinger passed away from Covid-19 exactly a month ago today, making this release all the more special.
The track is currently being sold for one month only on Bandcamp, which is waiving its revenue share on all purchases today until midnight PST. In keeping with last week’s energy, all net proceeds will be donated to The New Jersey Pandemic Relief Fund.
Purchase the track here or revisit the performance below.
- Man Arrested for Camping at Walt Disney World's Abandoned Discovery Island
- Pentagon Officially Publishes Tom DeLonge's UFO Videos
- Drive-In Concerts Are Now a Thing in Denmark
- R.I.P. Sam Lloyd, Scrubs Actor Dies at 56
- Deftones Tease Heavy New Riff from Upcoming Album
- Dave Grohl Recalls the Time David Bowie Jokingly Told Him to "Fuck Off"