The Foo Fighters are revisiting their past with a tour to commemorate their first-ever outing as a band in 1995. Dubbed “The Van Tour,” the spring trek will kick off in Phoenix on April 12 and wrap in Hamilton, Ontario on May 12. Each stop will feature a sneak peek at frontman Dave Grohl’s new documentary “What Drives Us,” which features fellow road warriors like Black Flag, Dead Kennedys, Metallica and The Beatles, among others.
The group announced the tour with a message to fans: “Congratulations: You’re old! You’ve been going to see Foo Fighters shows for 25 years now! What better way to celebrate than joining the band in commemorating its silver anniversary in some of the same cities where the first FF shows took place in 1995?”
More from Variety
- Foo Fighters, Beck, H.E.R., Sheila E. Light Up 'Grammy Salute to Prince' Concert
- Dave Grohl on Dimebag Darrell's Legacy, How Pantera Influenced the Foo Fighters
- Dave Grohl, Billy Corgan, Geezer Butler Among Rockers Mourning Neil Peart's Death
The Foos’ Grohl, Nate Mendel and Pat Smear completed the 1995 tour in a Dodge van. That same year, the band released its self-titled debut album which went on to be certified platinum. The band now also includes drummer Taylor Hawkins, guitarist Chris Shiflett and keyboardist Rami Jaffee.
Tickets go on sale to Citi cardmembers starting today until Thursday, Feb, 20 at 10pm local time.
See the full list of tour dates below:
THE VAN TOUR 2020
Talking Stick Resort Arena
Santa Ana Star Center
Oklahoma City, OK
Chesapeake Energy Arena
INTRUST Bank Arena
Green Bay, WI
Grand Rapids, MI
Van Andel Arena
Heritage Bank Center
Rocket Mortgage Arena
Best of Variety
- Oscars 2020: The Complete Winners List
- Final Oscar Predictions: Who Will Win in the Major Categories?
- Oscars 2020: How to Stream and Watch Online