The post Foals move at the speed of light on “The Runner”: Stream appeared first on Consequence of Sound.
Naturally, the new record picks up where the Mercury Prize-shortlisted Everything Not Saved Will Be Lost — Part 1 left off with its intentional, dramatic “cliffhanger.” Arriving October 18th via Warner Bros. Part 2 spans 10 tracks and was self-produced by the band. Fans of Foals’ heavier material will be glad to know it has bigger riffs, more emphasized guitars, and goes harder than Part 1.
The evidence of this heavier direction is apparent in “The Runner”. As with the first song they released, “Black Bull”, the new song makes clever use of its guitars as well as singer Yannis Philippakis’ singular vocals. “It’s a call to find a sense of purpose and perseverance despite the odds and despite the troubles we may find inside or outside ourselves,” Philippakis said in a press release. Give it a listen below to see what he means.
- Morrissey's US tour suffers from low ticket sales
- Nicki Minaj announces her retirement from music [Updated]
- Tool's Maynard James Keenan: Justin Bieber is "probably a good kid" but he's surrounded by "crap"
- Tool have No. 1 album in America after dethroning Taylor Swift
- Azealia Banks calls Lizzo "millennial mammy" in unprompted Instagram tirade