Brooklyn drill rapper Fivio Foreign has been arrested for assault following an incident in Edgewater, New Jersey on Saturday, Oct. 10.
As per jail records shared by XXL, the "Big Drip" rapper was booked on a simple assault charge with further details currently unclear. The records show that he currently has not been granted bond, and he is located at the Bergen County Jail. His arrest comes after Fivio has continued to gain popularity, becoming one of the many promising faces at the front of the Brooklyn drill scene.
He kicked off October with the release of his Kenny Beats-produced single "Bop It," which also features Chicago MC Polo G. He also recently linked up with Nas and ASAP Ferg for the King's Disease track and video "Spicy." Just prior to his arrest, he collaborated with fellow drill rapper King Von, who recruited him for "I Am What I Am" and its respective video.
Fivio Foreign is currently being held in county jail in New Jersey after being arrested for Assault on Saturday. pic.twitter.com/9yEt5diW4d— DJ Akademiks (@Akademiks) October 12, 2020
Following the release of his breakthrough project 800 B.C. earlier this year, Fivio has been steadily sharing new music with his fans. It remains to be seen when he will be released from jail, but it's likely that he'll be back releasing music sooner rather than later.
- Best New Music This Week: 21 Savage, Metro Boomin, Megan Thee Stallion, Bryson Tiller, and More
- Nas Takes to New York City's Streets in "Spicy" f/ Fivio Foreign and ASAP Ferg
- Fivio Foreign Connects With Polo G and Kenny Beats on New Track "Bop It"
- The Complex SHOP: Designer Clothing and Brands
- Complex Podcast Network
- Sole Collector Mobile App - Your app for the Sneaker World
- Sneaker of the Year: The Best Since ’85 Book - Now available for pre-order!
Sign up for the Complex Newsletter for breaking news, events, and unique stories.