The post Here’s the first look at Johnny Flynn as David Bowie in upcoming film Stardust appeared first on Consequence of Sound.
The new David Bowie film Stardust may not have the blessing of his family, but that hasn’t stopped the project from moving forward. In fact, today we receive our first look at the movie, which stars British actor/musician Johnny Flynn as the legendary icon.
Directed by Gabriel Range, the Christopher Bell-penned script tells the story of Bowie’s first trip to America in 1971, an adventure that eventually inspired the creation of his Ziggy Stardust alter ego. The first photo from Stardust, snapped by Paul Van Carter, depicts Flynn as a young Bowie sitting in a restaurant booth, enjoying a cigarette.
(Ranking: Every David Bowie Album from Worst to Best)
Along with Flynn, the Stardust cast includes Marc Maron as Bowie’s publicist and Jena Malone (The Hunger Games) as Bowie’s first wife, Angie. Van Carter and Range serve as producers alongside Nick Taussig.
In related news, Bowie’s The Man Who Fell to Earth is becoming a TV series.
David Bowie as Ziggy Stardust
- Second person comes forward accusing Katy Perry of sexual harassment
- Feds accuse R Kelly of spreading herpes
- The Matrix 4: Keanu Reeves and Carrie-Anne Moss to star in new film from Lana Wachowski
- Die Antwoord dropped from festivals after video surfaces of alleged homophobic fight: Watch
- Jack White attended a baseball game, left to play a show, and returned in time to see its ending