Firefighters are calling on Peak District visitors not to light barbecues after a blaze spread across seven acres of farmland.
Derbyshire Fire and Rescue Service was called to Rushup Edge in Derbyshire at 11.45pm on Saturday.
The fire service said that initial reports indicate the fire was started while people were cooking near a footpath.
On Twitter, the fire service said: "If you're heading out to the Peak District, leave the BBQ at home."
It also posted a picture of a disposable BBQ found at the scene, near Castleton, saying: "Come on people this is your countryside - let's protect it!"
The fire was extinguished by 5pm, the fire service said.
Six fire crews reportedly worked with Peak District rangers and mountain rescue teams to prevent the spread of the fire and protect nearby pregnant ewes.
It comes after another fire broke out on moorland at Birchen Edge Baslow earlier this week.
Last year, fire officials urged shops in the national park to stop selling BBQs after a series of fires.
Watch: Homes evacuated as Saddleworth Moor fire spreads