EXCLUSIVE: Finn Wittrock, who can currently be seen opposite Renée Zellweger in the Judy Garland biopic Judy has been added to the cast of Deep Water, the Adrian Lyne-directed thriller starring Ben Affleck and Ana de Armas. He joins Tracy Letts, Rachel Blanchard, Dash Mihok, Lil Rel Howery, Jacob Elordi, Kristen Connolly and Jade Fernandez in the film, which is in production.
The pic follows an attractive young married couple, Vic and Melinda Van Allen, whose mind games with each other take a twisted turn when people around them start turning up dead. The couple staves off divorce in a loveless marriage by allowing each to take lovers, but it becomes messy as Highsmith exposes the surface facade of American suburban life.
More from Deadline
- 'Deep Water': Lil Rel Howery, Jacob Elordi & Dash Mihok Among Cast To Join Ben Affleck & Ana De Armas In Adrian Lyne Thriller, Cameras Roll
- Nicole Kidman, Alexander Skarsgård, Anya Taylor-Joy, Bill Skarsgård, Willem Dafoe In Talks To Lead 'The Northman' From Robert Eggers
- Finn Wittrock & Zoe Chao Topline Indie 'Long Weekend'
Zack Helm and Sam Levinson penned the screenplay based on the novel by Patricia Highsmith. Producers are Garrett Basch, Steven Zaillian, Entertainment 360’s Guymon Casady and Ben Forkner, Anthony Katagas, and Arnon Milchan. New Regency financed the project.
Wittrock, who appeared in the season finale of American Horror Story: 1984, will next be seen in Ryan Murphy’s Netflix series Ratched, as well as the indie drama Long Weekend.
He’s repped by CAA and Weissenbach Management.
Best of Deadline
- Stan Lee's Legacy: Ranking The Hollywood Heroes Co-Created By The Marvel Comics Icon
- Disney-Fox Deal: How It Ranks Among Biggest All-Time Media Mergers