Eugene Monreaux is about to make a surprising friend on his road out of purgatory. Juliette Lewis guest stars in Monday’s episode of Filthy Rich (Fox, 9/8c), and TVLine has an exclusive first look at her character — who is curiously also named Juliette.
Elsewhere in Monday’s episode, “after Ginger’s live baptism on the Sunshine Network causes an uproar among fans, Margaret invites her to appear on Wings of a Dove again to discuss her actions. Meanwhile, after being exposed on live television, Jason’s lies are starting to catch up with him, and Ginger asks for Margaret’s help when her mom and workers are being stalked by a strange man,” according to Fox’s official synopsis.
“My own take on it is that Eugene — and to a lesser degree Margaret — got caught up in the money,” Gerald McRaney tells TVLine of his character, who barely survived a plane crash in the series premiere. “They started out with the best intentions in the world, and I think they really did just want to spread the word of God. Then the money started rolling in, and the next thing you know, you’re committing that sin that’s described in the Bible as the love of money being the root of all evil. … I think that happens to an awful lot of people. You can rationalize almost anything if you work at it hard enough.”
Hit PLAY on the video above to see Lewis enter the world of Filthy Rich, then drop a comment with your thoughts on the new Fox drama below.
More from TVLine
- Filthy Rich's Gerald McRaney Defends His 'Complicated' Character
- Filthy Rich EP Tackles Series Premiere's Biggest Twist, Addresses the Sexual Elephant in the Room — Grade It!
- Latest Masked Castoff Talks Recovering From Vertigo, Feeling Like a Cylon and Letting Someone Else Be the Serpent
Best of TVLine
- The Emmys' Most Memorable Moments: Laughter, Tears, Historical Wins, 'The Big One' and More
- Young Sheldon: Every Big Bang Theory Cameo, Easter Egg and Future Reveal
- The Top TV Theme Songs of All Time: 1970s Edition