“If the vote were today, I believe, he would win the electoral states that he would need, because, living out there, I will tell you, his level of support has not gone down one inch,’ Moore said in an interview with Democracy Now! “In fact, I’d say it’s even more rabid than it was before, because they’re afraid now. They’re afraid he could lose, because they watched his behavior. So they are voracious in their appetite for Donald Trump. That’s the bad news.”
More from Deadline
- President Donald Trump Tweetstorm - The Sunday Edition
- President Donald Trump Tweetstorm - The Saturday Edition
- President Donald Trump Praises Jon Voight And Kristy Swanson For Rare Hollywood Kudos
Moore has a history of being correct with his predictions. In 2016, on an online broadcast of RealTime With Bill Maher, he said that Trump would win by carrying Wisconsin, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Moore’s home state of Michigan. The prediction proved accurate.
This time around, Moore claimed that Trump would again lose the popular vote, as he did in 2016. But the number of people voting against the President would increase.
“Hillary won by 3 million popular votes. I believe whoever the Democrat is next year is going to win by 4 to 5 million popular votes. There’s no question in my mind that people who stayed home, who sat on the bench, they’re going to pour out. There’s going to be a much higher percentage of people voting against him.”
Moore has officially thrown his support behind Bernie Sanders, saying the Vermont senator can “crush” President Trump at the polls.
Best of Deadline
- Stan Lee's Legacy: Ranking The Hollywood Heroes Co-Created By The Marvel Comics Icon
- Disney-Fox Deal: How It Ranks Among Biggest All-Time Media Mergers