Three people were hospitalized after a stampede occurred in the moments before Travis Scott’s Astroworld Festival in Houston opened its gates.
The rapper posted video on Instagram of fans pushing down barricades and running toward the NRG Park parking lot prior to noon Saturday, when gates were scheduled to open for the sold-out crowd of 50,000 festivalgoers.
More from Rolling Stone
- RS Charts: Young Thug's 'Hot' Jumps to Number One -- With Help From Travis Scott
- Marilyn Manson Plays Mini Set, Hangs Out With Dave Chappelle at Travis Scott's Astroworld Festival
- See Kanye West Perform 'Follow God' During Travis Scott's Astroworld Set
The Houston Fire Department confirmed to Houston’s KTRK ABC 13 that three people were transferred to nearby Memorial Hermann hospital with leg injuries they sustained after being trampled.
“Da youth dem control the frequency,” Scott wrote of the incident. “Everyone have fun. Ragers set tone when I come out tonight. Be safe rage hard.
The 2019 Astro World Festival will feature performances by Scott, Migos, Pharrell Williams, Marilyn Manson, Rosalia, Megan Thee Stallion, Da Baby and more.
Best of Rolling Stone
- 13 Gutsiest Loretta Lynn Lyrics
- How 'Led Zeppelin II' Was Born
- 35 Greatest Horror Soundtracks: Modern Masters, Gatekeepers Choose
See where your favorite artists and songs rank on the Rolling Stone Charts.