We should probably begin this article about two tweets with a reminder that Return of Saturn, No Doubt's 2000 album tasked with the monstrous challenge of following Tragic Kingdom, is one of the most underrated rock-adjacent albums of the past 20 years. Don't @ me.
Chance the Rapper probably agrees with me. Wednesday, Chance put out a public call for anyone who might be able to help him link up with Stefani for undisclosed reasons. "Please," Chance added to his request. Eventually, thanks to the power of crowdsourcing and/or verified accounts, Stefani responded with a simple "Hi!!"
Can anyone link me with Gwen Stefani? Please— Chance The Rapper (@chancetherapper) April 18, 2018
Earlier this month, Chance teased upcoming collabs with Young Thug and Childish Gambino during a joint interview with G Herbo on Ebro Darden's Beats 1 show. "You know, I'm in the same mode I always been in," Chance said of his current creative vibes. "I never really had like a big drawn out plan for how shit was gonna go. I'm more in a collaborative frame of mind." Chance added that he's recently been busy "making songs" because "that's my shit right now."
Though nothing in those aforementioned tweets confirms Chance's reason for trying to connect with Stefani was musical, we do know he's been in the studio. I can also say without absolute certainty that a Stefani x Chance cut would be very worth hearing. Below, read just how stoked people are for something we aren't even sure is happening:
- Chance the Rapper Teases Childish Gambino, Young Thug Collabs
- Here's Gwen Stefani's Live Music Video for "Make Me Like You" Shot During the Grammys
- Alicia Keys Gives Her Best Adele and Gwen Stefani Impressions on 'Tonight Show'
More from Complex
- 'Wakanda ForeverEver' Brilliantly Mashes Up Outkast and the Music of 'Black Panther'
- MTV Is Bringing Iconic Hip-Hop Show 'Yo! MTV Raps' Back
- Prince Estate Releases Original Studio Recording of "Nothing Compares 2 U"
- Iggy Azalea on Racism: 'There Is Privilege That Comes With the Color of Your Skin'
- Adidas Made Video Recaps for Over 30,000 Boston Marathon Runners