EXCLUSIVE: Shailene Woodley (Big Little Lies), Julie Bowen (Modern Family), John Ortiz (Kong: Skull Island) and Will Ropp (The Way Back) have joined Jenna Ortega (You), Maddie Ziegler (West Side Story) and Niles Fitch (This is Us) in high school drama The Fallout, which wraps its four-week LA shoot this week.
As we revealed earlier this year, actress Megan Park (What If) has written and is directing the feature about high schooler Vada (Ortega) who navigates the emotional fallout she experiences in the wake of a school tragedy. Relationships with her family, friends and view on the world are forever altered.
David Brown will produce for U.S. outfit Clear Horizon alongside Rebecca Miller and Cara Shine. Joannie Burstein and Giulia Prenna will also produce. Clear Horizon is selling worldwide rights, including at the upcoming Toronto and AFM markets, with SSS Entertainment financing. Shaun Sanghani will produce for SSS.
Park recently adapted No Baggage for New Line/Warner Brothers with Shailene Woodley attached to star and is developing a feature film project with Feig Co. which she will write and direct. She has also directed music videos for Billie Eilish, Blackbear and Gucci Mane. The Fallout marks her feature directorial debut.
More from Deadline
- 'Scream': Jenna Ortega Joins Spyglass Media Group & Paramount Pictures' Horror Relaunch
- 'This Is Us' Actor Niles Fitch Joins Jenna Ortega In 'The Fallout'
- Jodie Foster, Tahar Rahim & Shailene Woodley Legal Thriller Stateside Rights Go To STX
Best of Deadline
- U.S. Coronavirus Update: Total Cases Hit 6 Million Milestone
- Coronavirus: Movies That Have Halted Or Delayed Production Amid Outbreak
- Hong Kong Filmart Postponed Due To Coronavirus Fears; Event Moves Two Weeks Before Toronto