A Seattle office of another tech giant is being affected by the fast-spreading coronavirus.
A Facebook contractor has been diagnosed with COVID-19. The company notified employees of the diagnosis in a memo Wednesday night and informed then that Facebook’s Stadium East office will be closed until March 9. Staffers are encouraged to work from home until the end of March.
More from Deadline
- Coronavirus: List Of Canceled Or Postponed Hollywood & Media Events
- Fox Entertainment Cancels Development Presentations & NAB Dinner; Broadcast Upfronts Unaffected By Coronavirus Concerns For Now
- SXSW Cancellations: WarnerMedia Latest To Pull Out Over Coronavirus Fears - Update
The Facebook employee who had contracted the virus was last in the Seattle office on Feb. 21.
“A contractor based in our Stadium East office has been diagnosed with the COVID-19,” a company spokesperson said in a statement released to the media Wednesday night. “We’ve notified our employees and are following the advice of public health officials to prioritize everyone’s health and safety.”
Yesterday, Amazon notified its staff that an employee from its South Lake Union complex in Seattle had tested positive for the coronavirus.
Best of Deadline
- Coronavirus: First California Death Reported As U.S. Toll Grows To 11; Global Death Toll Nears 3,200
- Hong Kong Filmart Postponed Due To Coronavirus Fears; Event Moves Two Weeks Before Toronto
- Peacock Programming: List Of NBCUniversal Streaming Service’s Series, Films, Sports, News & More