Paramount Pictures has set up and coming directors Adam & Aaron Nee to direct Lost City Of D, a Romancing The Stone-style romantic comedy/action film that the studio hopes will re-team Sandra Bullock and Ryan Reynolds. Neither has a deal and the latter’s availability is questionable because the studio is looking to move quickly.
Bullock and Reynolds starred together in the 2009 hit The Proposal.
The film is based on an idea by Seth Gordon, and Oren Uziel wrote the first draft, with the most recent draft by Dana Fox. Gordon is attached to produce via his Exhibit A Films. Bullock is producing through her Fortis Films along with Liza Chasin via her company 3dot Productions.
Known as the Nee Brothers, the filmmakers wowed Paramount executives during their meeting and got the job. They are attached to direct Masters of the Universe and they teamed on the indie films Band of Robbers and The Last Romantic.
Another strong package for Paramount Pictures; yesterday Deadline broke that the studio won an auction for Cleopatra, an epic-sized film with Wonder Woman‘s Gal Gadot, director Patty Jenkins and producer Charles Roven, with script by Laeta Kalogridis.
The filmmakers are repped by CAA and LBI Entertainment; Bullock is repped by CAA and Ziffren Brittenham and Reynolds by WME and Sloane Offer.
More from Deadline
- Ryan Reynolds & Rob McElhenney In Surprise Takeover Bid For UK Soccer Club Wrexham
- Ryan Reynolds Confirms 'Red Notice' Production Restart, Shares COVID-19 Nose Swab Test Experience
- Former Dick Clark Prods. CEO Allen Shapiro, Investor John Howard Launch Celebrands To Build Celeb-Driven Cos; Early Stakes In Aviation Gin, Kardashian Projects
Best of Deadline
- U.S. Coronavirus Update: America Now Has Over 7 Million COVID-19 Cases As New Daily Infections Rise In 23 States
- Coronavirus: Movies That Have Halted Or Delayed Production Amid Outbreak
- Hong Kong Filmart Postponed Due To Coronavirus Fears; Event Moves Two Weeks Before Toronto