The post Exploring the End of the World with Nazis, Nico, and Wagner appeared first on Consequence of Sound.
We are an optimistic species. Even in our stories about the end of the world, the world doesn’t actually end. In reality, it will. In the season one finale of Ghost Echoes, we study the apocalypse. Ragnarök. The Great Tribulation. The End. Alas, we’re not alone — we’re with Nico.
For more episodes of Ghost Echoes, subscribe now!
Music and Sound Notes:
— This episode contains excerpts from “Femme Fatale,” by the Velvet Underground, and “These Days”, “Eulogy to Lenny Bruce”, “Frozen Warnings”, “Nibelungen”, “You Forget to Answer”, “The End”, “Das Lied der Deutschen,” and “Win a Few”, all by Nico.
Further reading, listening:
–For biographical information on Nico, see the documentary Nico: Icon and this Guardian story by Simon Reynolds. This episode also contains clips from Susanna Nicchiarelli’s excellent biopic Nico, 1988.
- 10 Caddyshack Quotes You Probably Say All the Time
- R.I.P. Malik B., The Roots Co-Founder Dies at 47
- R.I.P. John Saxon, A Nightmare on Elm Street Actor Dies at 83
- Black-Metal Legend Ihsahn Calls Out Taylor Swift Over Album Artwork
- Watch: "AC/DC Back in Black 40th Anniversary: A Virtual Celebration"
- Grimes Calls Out Elon Musk After He Tweets "Pronouns Suck"