The ninth episode of Variety’s Rebooting the Entertainment Industry series, sponsored by PwC and Ad Council, is scheduled for Tuesday, Oct. 6 at 10:00 a.m. PT / 1:00 p.m. ET. “The Entertainment & Media Workforce” episode will be moderated by Variety’s Film & Media Reporter Angelique Jackson and feature panelists Vernā Myers, VP Inclusion Strategy, Netflix; Christine Simmons, Chief Operating Officer, Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences; Craig Robinson, EVP and Chief Diversity Officer, NBCUniversal; and Blair H. Taylor, Partner, People & Organization and Co-Lead, Diversity & Inclusion, PwC.
Panelists will discuss how Diversity & Inclusion initiatives are being implemented within the entertainment industry’s executive rank and how companies are creating more film and TV projects featuring underrepresented groups, both in front of and behind the camera. The conversation will also focus on how ongoing remote work is impacting how companies make hires, and work to support colleagues during challenging times for all.
The virtual event is free to attend but requires registration: variety.com/rebootseries
The Variety Streaming Room is dedicated to presenting virtual conversations that span private screenings of upcoming projects in film and TV, exclusive Q&As with creators and talent and relevant B2B discussions with industry thought leaders.
More from Variety
- Digital Marketing Execs Discuss Changing Ad Marketplace
- Variety Announces 'Staying Ahead of Modern Audiences' Panel With Discovery Inc., Facebook, Fox Entertainment & NBCUniversal on Oct. 1
- Executives From Fox Entertainment, Univision, 'RuPaul's Drag Race,' Tyler Perry Studios and PwC to Discuss Production During COVID-19
Best of Variety
- The Best Comedies on Netflix to Watch Right Now
- Everything Coming to Netflix in September
- What's Coming to Disney Plus in September 2020