Jeff Jarrett is strutting away from Impact Wrestling. The 50-year-old industry lifer has been sent packing as the company’s chief creative officer “effective immediately,” the squared-circle promotion said on Monday.
Here is the breakup tweet:
Impact Wrestling announced today that it has terminated its business relationship with Jeff Jarrett and Global Force Entertainment Inc., effective immediately.
— IMPACT (@IMPACTWRESTLING) October 23, 2017
Jarrett owns Global Force Wrestling, which Impact had actually recently rebranded to from TNA Wrestling. Time to order some new championship belts (again).
That purchase could prove a problem, however. When reached for comment, the man who performed in the WWF as “Double J” Jeff Jarrett simply told blog Wrestle Zone that Impact-owner Anthem “is out of money.” His former employer denied cashflow problems.
“That statement is inaccurate,” a spokesperson there responded with a statement of their own. “Anthem and Impact Wrestling are looking forward to a successful six-day tour in Ottawa, November 5-10, and much more.”
Jarrett was forced to take a leave of absence from the pro-wrestling promotion last month. At the time, the company cited “personal reasons.” Sounds like it’s gotten even more personal since then.
“Impact Wrestling” airs Thursday nights on Pop TV.
Related stories from TheWrap: