The post Everclear’s Art Alexakis on Going Solo and Getting Political appeared first on Consequence of Sound.
Everclear singer-songwriter Art Alexakis and Kyle Meredith discuss his debut solo LP, Sun Songs, which finds the “Santa Monica” frontman focusing on an acoustic sound and playing every instrument himself. We hear how lead single “Hot Water Test” recounts his recent diagnosis with MS, and the stories behind the handful of politically charged songs throughout the record. Alexakis also says that after this solo tour, he’ll turn his attention to a 2020 run with Everclear to celebrate the 20th anniversary of Songs For An American Movie as well as the release of his autobiography.
Kyle Meredith With… is an interview series in which WFPK’s Kyle Meredith speaks to a wide breadth of musicians. Every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, Meredith digs deep into the artist’s work to find out how the music is made and where their journey is going, from legendary artists like Robert Plant, Paul McCartney, U2 and Bryan Ferry, to the newer class of The National, St. Vincent, Arctic Monkeys, Haim, and Father John Misty.
- xXx: Return of Xander Cage
- Tom Hanks and Steven Spielberg announce new Band of Brothers follow-up series
- James Corden declares Brittany Howard the "best" Late Late Show performance: Watch
- Concert Film Review: Metallica's S&M2 Is a Celebration of the Band and Their Fans
- 10 Goth-Rock Albums Every Music Fan Should Own