Sometimes Hollywood is just a game of MadLibs. Case in point: Eva Longoria is directing a biopic about the man who created Flamin’ Hot Cheetos.
In fairness, his story is quite remarkable. The son of Mexican immigrants, Richard Montanez was working as a janitor for Frito-Lay when he came up with the idea to create Flamin’ Hot Cheetos, an idea inspired by a street vendor in his neighborhood. The snack proved a pop cultural phenomena and helped revitalize Frito-Lay. For his part, Montanez ascended the ranks of the company and now holds down an executive-level position.
Entitled Flamin’ Hot, the film is written by Lewis Colick (October Sky). No word yet on whether if Lil Xan’s near-death experience at the hands of Flamin’ Hot Cheetos will be part of the the film’s plot.
- Breaking Bad movie gets title, teaser, and premiere date: Watch
- Noel Gallagher wants to start petition to split Foo Fighters
- Nick Cave on his breakup with PJ Harvey: "I was so surprised I almost dropped my syringe"
- Tool announce North American tour
- Album Review: Tool Prove the Wait Was Worth It on the Epic Fear Inoculum