HBO Max has announced the cast of “Equal,” the streamer’s upcoming four-part docuseries about the history of the LGBTQ civil rights movement.
Along with never-before-seen archival footage, Anthony Rapp, Samira Wiley, Sara Gilbert, Cheyenne Jackson, Alexandra Grey, Jamie Clayton and Shannon Purser are just some of the names who portray gay rights activists from the turn of the century to the 1970s following the Stonewall Riots.
More from Variety
- TV News Roundup: Disney Plus 'The Right Stuff' Premiere Date (Watch)
- 'East Los High' Co-Creator Carlos Portugal to Develop Drama 'Miss NG' for HBO Max (EXCLUSIVE)
- How WarnerMedia Siblings HBO Max and CNN Films Formed Their Documentary Production Partnership
“Equal” will premiere in October in recognition of LGBTQ History Month. Produced by Scout Productions (“Queer Eye”), Greg Berlanti’s Berlanti Productions and Jim Parsons and Todd Spiewak’s That’s Wonderful Productions, the series is directed by Stephen Kijak (“Sid & Judy”) and trans director Kimberly Reed (“Prodigal Sons”).
Here, Variety gives you a look at the first images of the cast, most of whom are LGBTQ.
Best of Variety
- The Best Amazon Prime Movies to Watch Right Now
- The Best Movies on Netflix
- Best Horror Movies to Watch on Netflix Right Now