EXCLUSIVE: Paramount Pictures is getting ready to rev up Paramount Players, the shingle that was formed around Brian Robbins several years ago to generate niche, genre and cutting edge films. It hasn’t had a president, or much output, since Robbins left to run Nickelodeon. Emma Watts is looking to revive the label and is down to a few candidates to run it. Deadline hears that Jeremy Kramer, an exec who worked with Watts at Fox and who is now at Disney, is atop the leader board. No comment from Paramount, which is also looking to fill the production president post and word is another exec who worked with Watts at Fox, Mike Ireland, is rumored as a contender for that job.
Films from the Paramount Players label so far include Dora and the Lost City of Gold and Playing With Fire.
More from Deadline
- Key Paramount Film Exec Elizabeth Raposo Exits Studio: Read The Memo
- Emma Watts' Top Priority At Paramount: Figure Out 'Star Trek' Reboot
- Emma Watts Named President, Motion Picture Group At Paramount
Best of Deadline
- U.S. Coronavirus Update: America Now Has Over 7 Million COVID-19 Cases As New Daily Infections Rise In 23 States
- Coronavirus: Movies That Have Halted Or Delayed Production Amid Outbreak
- Hong Kong Filmart Postponed Due To Coronavirus Fears; Event Moves Two Weeks Before Toronto