Here’s how it all went down: On Sunday, Teigen took to social media to announce their newest daily member, a new puppy named Petey — after the parakeet in Dumb and Dumber. “This is petey! another little heart in this house to love,” she wrote on Instagram, along with a video of the pup all cozied up in a blanket on the sofa in their home.
More from SheKnows
- Fearless Females: 5 Inspiring Must-See Golden Globes Moments
- Ellen DeGeneres On Her Carol Burnett Award Win: 'It Sends a Really Powerful Message'
- Golden Globes 2020: Phoebe Waller-Bridge & Other Stars Who Slayed the Pantsuit Trend
She later added more info about the breed, noting that Petey is “a standard poodle and if he’s anything like his dad, he will be the biggest caramel Gumby ever seen.”
this is petey! another little heart in this house to love. pic.twitter.com/6egwjDK9fx
— christine teigen (@chrissyteigen) January 5, 2020
But what does DeGeneres have to do with this love fest? Well, the talk show host and animal advocate recently opened up about a “dire situation” taking place at the Wagmore Pet Hotel & Spa. The organization had rescued eight puppies from the same litter, along with their parents, and was in urgent need of financial help for these animals, along with places to call their forever homes.
On her show’s Instagram, DeGeneres explained, “This is our dog Wally’s family. They all need homes. PLEASE help if you can.”
The Teigen-Legends stepped in to heed the call, later thanking DeGeneres on Twitter for making them aware of the rescue pup fam. And now they have a very sweet new furry family member to love!
Best of SheKnows
- All the Non-Holiday Winter Movies You Should Be Watching Right Now
- 11 Female Film Characters Who Made an Impact in 2018