South Carolina native Stephen Colbert flew back to his home state — ahead of its primary this Saturday — to speak with Massachusetts senator and presidential hopeful Elizabeth Warren for The Late Show. They sampled the local cuisine (“It’s very rich; you’re going to want to tax it,” he advised), and played a game of “How Well Do You Know the Billionaires That You’re Gonna Take Away Their Money?”
More from Rolling Stone
- Elizabeth Warren Calls for Border Wall Money to Be Redirected to Fight Coronavirus
- Trevor Noah, Colbert Roast Trump's Unnerving Coronavirus Response
- Colbert, Trevor Noah Go Behind the Yelling at Last Night's Democratic Debate
“You’re looking to tax some billionaires — maybe take them out of the political equation here because they have too much power — but to do that we need to know that you know them,” Colbert explained.
Warren was asked to guess which member of the American oligarchy the late-night host had in mind when he offered clues like “Looks like he cut his own bangs with toenail clippers,” “[Looks] like the underbelly of a hairless cat,” and “I cannot begin to tell you how he got his money or why he is wearing that tie.”
The senator had a pretty good streak going, but she was ultimately stumped by the billionaire described to her as “a talking waterfowl,” who “swims in a basement full of gold coins,” and “wears a top hat.”
Best of Rolling Stone
- The Useful Idiots New Guide to the Most Stoned Moments of the 2020 Presidential Campaign
- The Radical Crusade of Mike Pence
- 5 Things You Didn't Know About Marco Rubio
See where your favorite artists and songs rank on the Rolling Stone Charts.