The movie will be available on VOD platforms for a 48-hour rental period at a suggested rental price of $19.99 in the U.S. The film will also be available for early digital purchase for the suggested retail price of $24.99.
More from Deadline
- Sumner Redstone's Mogul Swashbuckling Typified A Bygone Corporate Media Era
- Sumner Redstone Dies: Giant Of The Media World Was 97
- 'Scream': Courteney Cox Reprising Her Role As News Reporter Gale Weathers In Spyglass Media Group & Paramount Relaunch
The pic’s previous theatrical release date was Feb. 12, 2021.
“Given the demand for new, high-quality entertainment right now, Paramount has decided to release Love and Monsters widely on digital platforms,” said Andrew Gumpert, Chief Operating Officer, Paramount Pictures in a statement about the Michael Matthews-directed and 21 Laps produced Shawn Levy movie. “While we eagerly look forward to the reopening of movie theaters, we wanted to make this original and imaginative film available for everyone to enjoy at home.”
The movie takes place seven years after a “monsterpocalypse” forces all of humanity to move into underground colonies. O’Brien plays Joel Dawson who watches his fellow survivors pair off. He decides to brave the surface and face the monsters standing between himself and his high school sweetheart Aimee (Jessica Henwick). Along his dangerous journey, Joel makes unlikely friends including a heroic dog and a pair of survivalists (Michael Rooker; Ariana Greenblatt) who help him survive the monster-infested road to true love.
Recently, Paramount decided to release SpongeBob Movie: Sponge on the Run on PVOD stateside as part of a relaunch plan for CBS All Access in 2021. The movie, however, got a threatrical release in Canada as cinemas began opening up, grossing north of $1.2M there to date.
Best of Deadline
- U.S. Coronavirus Update: New Cases Break Record 70,000 For The First Time; Infections Up 40% Since Early July
- Coronavirus: Movies That Have Halted Or Delayed Production Amid Outbreak
- Hong Kong Filmart Postponed Due To Coronavirus Fears; Event Moves Two Weeks Before Toronto