Steve LoCascio, Chief Operating Officer of CTD, made the announcement on Day 1 of NATPE.
More from Deadline
- Sinclair's STIRR Streaming Outlet Adds Election Channel And Top Syndicated Titles, Reports 1.6M Downloads In Year 1
- NATPE Finds Syndication Sector Humming As Drew Barrymore, Nick Cannon Follow Kelly Clarkson, Tamron Hall Into The Arena
- Will Packer And Debmar-Mercury's 'Central Ave' Sets Weekly Run On Fox Stations
The daytime talk show, whose exact format has not yet been set, will launch nationwide in fall 2020. It joins a new entry hosted by Nick Cannon as debuting shows making the rounds at NATPE in Miami. The long-beleaguered syndication sector has seen a shot fresh life lately with renewals of shows hosted by Tamron Hall, Kelly Clarkson and Meredith Vieira.
CBS Television Stations signed on as the first homes for Barrymore’s show, giving it access to top markets. The next wave of stations includes an assortment from Nexstar, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Weigel Broadcasting, Scripps, Gray Television, Tegna, Meredith and Mission Broadcasting.
“The response from the station community has been overwhelming,” CTD’s EVP of sales Jonathan Bingaman said. “Stations have really stepped up to support The Drew Barrymore Show, and we can’t wait to bring the show to life this fall.”
The Drew Barrymore Show will be produced and distributed by CBS Television Distribution. Drew Barrymore, Chris Miller and Ember Truesdell are executive producers.
Barrymore has been in the limelight since being born into a noted family of actors, including her grandfather, John Barrymore. Since a breakout early turn at age six in E.T.: The Extraterrestrial, she went on to a range of film roles and in 1995 created production company Flower Films. In recent years, she earned awards and acclaim for her role in HBO’s Grey Gardens, and starred in and exec produced Netflix’s Santa Clarita Diet.
Along with her acting and producing activities, Barrymore has also branched into entrepreneurship, founding the lifestyle brand Flower by Drew in 2013. It offers beauty products, a home line, and eyewear.
Best of Deadline
- Peacock Programming: List Of NBCUniversal Streaming Service’s Series, Films, Sports, News & More
- Stan Lee's Legacy: Ranking The Hollywood Heroes Co-Created By The Marvel Comics Icon
- Disney-Fox Deal: How It Ranks Among Biggest All-Time Media Mergers