After 24 years of marriage, Dr. Dre and his wife, Nicole Young (née Plotzker), are calling it quits.
Per TMZ, Nicole Young filed for divorce on Monday. Young cited irreconcilable differences as the motive for her split from the legendary producer turned tech mogul.
The pair got married in May 1996. They have two children together, a 19-year-old daughter Truly and a 23-year-old son Truice. Prior to their marriage, Nicole was married to former NBA point guard, Sedale Threatt. She also works as a lawyer and is represented in the divorce by celebrity attorney, Samantha Spector.
Since their wedding, Dr. Dre has not only continued his successful career as a music producer, but he has also ventured into the world of technology. Dre and record executive, Jimmy Iovine, worked together to create Beats Electronics. The brand is best known for its audio products along with creating a service that helped pioneer streaming platforms.
Iovine and Dr. Dre sold Beats to Apple for $3 billion. Dre's net worth is now estimated to be $800 million by Forbes. Dre and Nicole did not sign a prenuptial agreement. She is reportedly seeking spousal support.
- Dr. Dre and Jimmy Iovine's Titles at Apple Will Simply Be 'Dre' and 'Jimmy'
- Marvin Gaye's Family Gives Dr. Dre Go-Ahead for Biopic
- Dr. Dre Sued by Former Housekeeper Who Claims Hostile Work Conditions Put Her in the Hospital
- The Complex SHOP: Designer Clothing and Brands
- Complex Podcast Network
- Sole Collector Mobile App - Your app for the Sneaker World
- Sneaker of the Year: The Best Since ’85 Book - Now available for pre-order!
Sign up for the Complex Newsletter for breaking news, events, and unique stories.