• Oops!
    Something went wrong.
    Please try again later.
  • Oops!
    Something went wrong.
    Please try again later.

'Donald Trump's a piece of s***': Jack Black gets political during Hollywood Walk of Fame speech

·Editor, Yahoo Entertainment
In this article:
  • Oops!
    Something went wrong.
    Please try again later.
  • Oops!
    Something went wrong.
    Please try again later.


Jack Black used his Hollywood Walk of Fame star ceremony to speak out against President Trump.

The star of School of Rock, the Kung Fu Panda franchise, and Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle was honored Tuesday in Hollywood, with his family was on hand, as well as stars including Tim Robbins and Bob Odenkirk. And while 99 percent of his speech was light-hearted silliness, the other 1 percent is what will be remembered. When signing off, he said, “Anyway, I love you all so much — except Donald Trump’s a piece of s***. Peace out. Love you.”

The crowd cheered wildly — it was quite the kicker — but of course there has been some backlash on Twitter, with someone saying, “It’ll be very interesting to see how ⁦#JackBlack’s new movie does at the box office this weekend…” Another added, “Good Bye Jack.” Countless more echoed these users’ sentiments.

However, there was plenty of social media support as well — along with comments about Trump’s star, which isn’t exactly a beloved neighborhood fixture.

Jack Black hams it up his Hollywood Walk of Fame ceremony on Sept. 18, 2018. (Photo: David Livingston/Getty Images)
Jack Black hams it up his Hollywood Walk of Fame ceremony on Sept. 18, 2018. (Photo: David Livingston/Getty Images)
Black jumped for joy over his star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. (Photo: David Livingston/Getty Images)
Black jumped for joy over his star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. (Photo: David Livingston/Getty Images)

Black has never been a Trump supporter. Last year, while talking about the reality star turned president with Vanity Fair, Black compared Trump to another loose cannon. “I was like, ‘Who else has been talking about winning obsessively lately?'” he said. “And I was like, ‘Oh, yeah, Charlie Sheen — when he was on crack. Where are we when the president and Charlie Sheen are on the same exact page?”

The rest of the 49-year-old’s speech was less controversial. At points, he didn’t stick to his notes, winging cards from the podium after he claimed he’d messed up their order. A running gag throughout was about how, now that he has his star, he’ll be retiring to “focus on diet and exercise.”

Jack Black’s family — wife Tanya Haden and sons Sammy and Tommy — attended the star’s Hollywood Walk of Fame ceremony. (Photo: David Livingston/Getty Images)
Jack Black’s family — wife Tanya Haden and sons Sammy and Tommy — attended the star’s Hollywood Walk of Fame ceremony. (Photo: David Livingston/Getty Images)

Black joked that after he makes a few more films (“I’m just gonna do Jumanji 2, Kung Fu Panda… What number are we on? One more of those”) and three Tenacious D albums, “then I’m sorry but that is it — unless something really cool comes around.” Then, he said, he’ll retire “Daniel Day-Lewis-style. I’ll be cobbling.”

Read more from Yahoo Entertainment: