The Los Angeles Dodgers just need three more wins for their World Series title since 1988. It’s been 29 years since they’ve won baseball’s top honor, but early returns — including Tuesday night’s 3-1 win over the Houston Astros — suggest L.A. might soon be a title town again.
Eager Dodgers fans filled the home stadium, many of them in Dodger blue, all of them hoping for the same thing: Another season that ends with the hoisting of a trophy. Aa Game 1 was getting started, we asked a handful of Dodger fans what they’d give up to assure a Dodgers win.
Some of the answers might surprise you:
• One guy said his house
• One guy said his wife
• One guy even said his virginity, which seems like an odd response, but OK.
Watch our video above and keep an eye out for a colorful Dodgers mohawk too. Then consider the question yourself, Dodgers fans (or even you Astros fans).
What would you give up for a World Series win?
– – – – – –
More World Series coverage from Yahoo Sports:
• Jeff Passan: How Sandy Koufax and a pair of cleats helped Dodgers
• Tim Brown: World Series Game 1 belongs to Kershaw
• 5 biggest moments from World Series Game 1
• Astros need Verlander to be great again