The pair hit it off, according to Alvarez, who told TMZ that Khaled gave him his personal phone number along with a "We the Best" chain. On top of that, they have already set up a second time to meet up later this week at one of the rapper's pop-up shops. As the king of Snapchat, Khaled made to sure to show Alvarez plenty of love on his Snapchat channel.
Alvarez suffers from thanatophoric dysplasia, a severe skeletal disorder. Doctors estimating that he would only live until the age of five. The young fan is now 18 and strives to prove people wrong, earning the title of valedictorian of his graduating high school class. He is set to attend Adelphi University, where he will study communications to fulfill his dream of becoming a broadcast journalist. It should be noted that Alvarez has already racked up an impressive resumé and has interviewed Jennifer Lopez, Marc Anthony, Ricky Martin, Selena Gomez, Enrique Iglesias, and Maroon 5.
Khaled was visibly moved by Alvarez's story and shared it on his much-followed social media accounts, dubbing his fan as a true inspiration. "U r a WINNER !! Keep winning more !!!!!" Khaled wrote on Instagram. love your story!
Major props to DJ Khaled for keeping his fans as a number one priority. You can watch the pair's incredible first meeting go down below. Be sure to catch DJ Khaled explaining all the major keys to success on the cover of Complex's September/August cover story here and look for his new album, Major Key, to arrive July 29.
- DJ Khaled and Tony Robbins Cover Complex's August/September 2016 Issue!
- DJ Khaled and Tony Robbins Explain How to Never Play Yourself
- Watch DJ Khaled and Tony Robbins Get Real About Their Experiences With Homelessness
- Renowned Photographer Jonathan Mannion on Shooting DJ Khaled's Already Iconic 'Major Key' Cover
More from Complex
- The Great Snooki Blesses Us With Her Very First Music Video "Yung Mommy"
- Danny Brown Says He Bounced New Album Ideas Off A$AP Rocky and ScHoolboy Q
- Nike CEO Mark Parker's Total Pay Nearly Tripled in the Last Year
- Miss Cleo Was More Than a TV Psychic—She Left a Radical Legacy
- Future Is Launching a Pop-Up Shop That Will Be More Than a "Glorified Merchandise Stand"