The post Disney unveils new sizzle reel for Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: Watch appeared first on Consequence of Sound.
Over the weekend, J.J. Abrams appeared at Disney’s D23 Expo to present a new sizzle reel teasing the upcoming ninth and final installment in the Skywalker saga, Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker. Now, the sizzle reel has been released online. Watch it below.
The two-minute clip begins with legacy footage from the previous eight installments of the franchise before giving way to new visuals from the forthcoming finale. Among the highlights is a first look at Keri Russell’s character and a fight scene between Rey (Daisy Ridley) and Kyle Ren (Adam Driver). Perhaps most intriguing, however, is the final scene in which Rey can be seen holding a red, twin-bladed lightsaber and wearing a dark hood.
Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker is in theaters December 20th.
- Breaking Bad movie gets title, teaser, and premiere date: Watch
- Nick Cave on his breakup with PJ Harvey: "I was so surprised I almost dropped my syringe"
- Noel Gallagher wants to start petition to split Foo Fighters
- Dropkick Murphys stage intimate performance outside sick kid's window: Watch
- Emma Stone is punk rock Cruella de Vil in first image from upcoming prequel