The performance marks only DEVO’s third confirmed show since 2014, and press material for Desert Daze advertises their set as the kick-off to their “farewell tour.”
In an email to Consequence of Sound, DEVO co-founder Jerry Casale clarified that the performance is “not connected to a Farewell Tour.” Because, as he explained, “If ever there is such a tour we certainly will not name it as such. More like The Beginning Was The End Tour.”
That said, Casale does acknowledge that DEVO is reaching the end of the road: “As it is [Desert Daze] could be the last time DEVO plays on this planet. Who knows?”
“Spuds should see us while they can,” Casale added. “Let us not talk falsely now, the hour’s getting late as Bob Dylan said 50 years or so ago.”
The Desert Daze lineup also promises Wu-Tang Clan, Ween, The Flaming Lips, Flying Lotus 3D, Stereolab, Animal Collective, Claypool Lennon Delirium, Connan Mockasin, Dungen, and more.
- Full Woodstock recording to air on WXPN at exact time of original festival
- DEVO confirm rare live appearance at Desert Daze: "This could be the last time DEVO plays on this planet"
- Jack Black and Jack White have finally recorded a song together
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth announce separation
- Disgraced Lostprophets singer Ian Watkins gets more prison time after hiding phone in anus
- Universal cancels the release of The Hunt following criticism from Trump