The post Destroyer premieres new song “It Just Doesn’t Happen”: Stream appeared first on Consequence of Sound.
Bejar initially imagined the forthcoming record as a “Y2K album”, and that sense of looming anxiety is reflected on the new single, especially in its creeping bassline. “The songs do seem to point at a very modern dread — one that heightens the more you consider it,” Bejar said of the LP in a statement.
(Read: The Top 100 Albums of the 2010s)
“It Just Doesn’t Happen”, the album’s second preview after “Crimson Tide” last month, comes with an official video. The dimly lit clip shows a solitary snowmobiler riding around through the icy night. Check it out below.
- Hall and Oates announce 2020 tour dates
- Eddie Van Halen hospitalized due to complications from cancer drugs: Report
- David Byrne performs "Road to Nowhere" with cast of American Utopia Broadway on Fallon: Watch
- Horrifying 22-foot statue of baby Jesus looks just like Phil Collins
- Josh Homme and Brody Dalle are separating