A new minute-long trailer, soundtracked by a gospel choir, offers a glimpse into the Rodan Crater, artist James Turrell’s never-before-seen installation in Arizona’s Painted Desert where much of the Nick Knight-directed Jesus Is King was filmed. Additional photography for the documentary was shot on the rapper’s ranch outside Cody, Wyoming.
More from Rolling Stone
- Kanye West Announces 'Jesus Is King' IMAX Documentary
- Kim Kardashian Teases Track List for New Kanye West Album 'Jesus Is King'
- Grammy Preview 2020: Mark Ronson Talks Awkward 'Rehab' Win, Why He's Gone Emo
The teaser also quotes the Bible verse Mark 1:15, “In the words of Jesus Christ, ‘The time is fulfilled, and the Kingdom of God is at hand, repent and believe in the gospel.'”
Jesus Is King “is a one-of-a-kind experience features 13 songs arranged by West in the gospel tradition and performed by the Sunday Service choir — as well as all-new music from his forthcoming album of the same name — presented in the immersive sound and stunning clarity of IMAX,” the company said of the documentary.
IMAX also opened up ticketing for the one-week-only limited engagement of Jesus Is King, which hits more than 325 IMAX theaters nationwide plus another 125+ internationally on October 25th.
Best of Rolling Stone
- 35 Greatest Horror Soundtracks: Modern Masters, Gatekeepers Choose
- 20 Insanely Great Eminem Tracks Only Hardcore Fans Know
- The 15 Best Whistling Songs of All Time
See where your favorite artists and songs rank on the Rolling Stone Charts.