Warner Bros has just dated John Lee Hancock’s cop thriller The Little Things for a January 29, 2021 release. The distributor already had the date reserved with an untitled film. The movie, which starts Denzel Washington and Rami Malek, is now going up against Paramount’s animated monster-wrestling movie Rumble on that date.
The pic, written by Hancock, centers around Deke (Washington), a burnt-out Kern County, CA deputy sheriff who teams with Baxter (Malek), a crack LASD detective, to nab a serial killer. Deke’s nose for the “little things” proves eerily accurate, but his willingness to circumvent the rules embroils Baxter in a soul-shattering dilemma. Meanwhile, Deke must wrestle with a dark secret from his past.
More from Deadline
- 'The Hunt' Back On Universal Release Schedule After Political Satire Deep-Sixed In Summer - Watch The Trailer
- Chris Evans In Early Talks To Play Dentist Orin Scrivello In 'Little Shop Of Horrors'
- Dee Dee Myers Exiting As Warner Bros Communications Boss
Jared Leto and Natalie Morales also star. Hancock and Mark Johnson produce, while Mike Drake is executive producer.
Best of Deadline
- Hong Kong Filmart Postponed Due To Coronavirus Fears; Event Moves Two Weeks Before Toronto
- Peacock Programming: List Of NBCUniversal Streaming Service’s Series, Films, Sports, News & More
- Stan Lee's Legacy: Ranking The Hollywood Heroes Co-Created By The Marvel Comics Icon