Graduation day is nigh for Winchester’s upperclassmen: Netflix has renewed Dear White People for a fourth and final season.
The woke college comedy’s farewell season will consist of 10 episodes, with series creator/EP Justin Simien and fellow EP Yvette Lee Bowser returning as co-showrunners. Netflix announced the news via the above cast video.
More from TVLine
- The Politician Finale Recap: A Big Time Jump and a New Campaign Set Up a Wild Season 2 -- Are You Voting Yes?
- Elite Renewed for Season 3 at Netflix
- Big Mouth Spinoff Human Resources Ordered at Netflix -- Watch Teaser
“I’m so grateful my little indie-that-could has made it to four seasons at Netflix,” Simien enthused in a statement. “This show, along with the many talented storytellers it has brought into my orbit, has changed my life and I can’t wait to create a celebratory final volume befitting such a transformative experience.”
Having picked up where the acclaimed 2014 film by the same name left off, Dear White People chronicles the socially conscious campus activities at the fictional Winchester College, led by radio host Samantha White (Logan Browning) and her controversial “Dear White People” rants. The supporting cast includes Brandon P. Bell, DeRon Horton, Antoinette Robinson, John Patrick Amedori, Ashley Blaine Featherson and Marque Richardson.
The fourth and final season will bow on Netflix in 2020.
TVLine’s Streaming Renewal Scorecard has been updated to reflect Dear White People‘s pickup.
Best of TVLine
- 60 Cancelled Shows That Came Back: ODAAT, Lucifer, Brooklyn 99 and More
- Game of Thrones: The Best Sex Scenes From the Series' Eight-Season Run
- Gilmore Girls: Netflix Exec Offers Update on Potential Second Revival