We feel obliged to note that all of Sunday’s Golden Globe Awards prizes were doled out by a voting body of about 90, giving collective clout to journalists whose names you might not otherwise recognize. That aside, the awards show has always been considered a precursor to Oscar, which is why we’re all here. There is a little more urgency this year than than usual, because of the compressed schedule that will see the Academy Awards decided February 9. Nomination voting is happening as we speak and continues through Tuesday.
Here’s how the night went down, with highlights including:
More from Deadline
- Golden Globes: The Complete Winners List
- Golden Globes: Brits React To An "Incredible Night" After Laying Claim To 40% Of Awards
- Shuttlegate: Lost In Beverly Hills Edition, Shoe Valet & More Behind-the-Scenes Golden Globe Moments
Ricky Gervais teeing off on Hollywood in his fifth (and last) appearance as host.
HBO fending off the streamers to reclaim the Globes crown.
Best of Deadline
- Stan Lee's Legacy: Ranking The Hollywood Heroes Co-Created By The Marvel Comics Icon
- Disney-Fox Deal: How It Ranks Among Biggest All-Time Media Mergers