Wade was a talent agent at WME for five years before departing last year to help form upstart Imagine Artist Management as a partner. The management firm, originally an extension of Imagine, has since evolved into an independent spinoff firm, Independent Artist Management, putting Wade in play. In a competitive situation, with multiple management companies interested, Wade opted to set up shop at Odenkirk Provissiero, led by principals Naomi Odenkirk and Marc Provissiero.
More from Deadline
- Jay Duplass Inks With Odenkirk-Provissiero For Management
- Odenkirk Provissiero Entertainment Hires Eva Dickerman As Literary Manager
- Tiffany Schloesser Joins Odenkirk Provissiero Entertainment As Manager
“Naomi, Marc, and the whole team have built something special,” Wade said. “I’m excited to help expand and amplify the OPE brand as we continue into the next decade of the company.”
Wade brings with him a roster of established and emerging diverse talent, including Insecure’s Yvonne Orji, whose HBO special, executive produced by Wade, premiered in June. His other clients include Odd Mom Out showrunner Lara Spotts, and the writer/director/actor Kemiyondo Coutinho, who most recently wrote on the Step Up series for Starz/Lionsgate and, as a performer, starred in an episode of the praised Apple anthology comedy series Little America.
“From our first Zoom, we knew he was a cultural match for our company,” said Odenkirk and Provissiero. “DC has exceptional taste. He brings a substantial list of diverse voices, many of them writer-performers, who fit perfectly into our ethos. And he is a terrific person. We are thrilled he’s joining us.”
Wade started in the WME mailroom, rising to agent in the talent department.
Best of Deadline
- U.S. Coronavirus Update: Numbers Skyrocket As New Cases Hit Record Highs 3 Times In Past 10 Days - Update
- Coronavirus: Movies That Have Halted Or Delayed Production Amid Outbreak
- Hong Kong Filmart Postponed Due To Coronavirus Fears; Event Moves Two Weeks Before Toronto