The post David Yazbek Offers Details on The Princess Bride Musical appeared first on Consequence of Sound.
David Yazbek, the artist behind the music for Broadway’s The Full Monty, Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, Women On the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown, and this year’s Tootsie, jumped on the line to speak with Kyle Meredith about the lyrics and music for 2017’s The Band’s Visit. Yazbek, who also co-wrote the theme for Where In the World Is Carmen Sandiego, speaks about the musical’s extremely relevant themes of cultures coming together. He also shares his own family history, growing up in multi-ethnic New York, and how that all came to influence his writing and playing. What’s more, Yazbek offers a glimpse into his next project: a musical adaptation of 80’s classic The Princess Bride.
Kyle Meredith With… is an interview series in which WFPK’s Kyle Meredith speaks to a wide breadth of musicians. Every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, Meredith digs deep into the artist’s work to find out how the music is made and where their journey is going, from legendary artists like Robert Plant, Paul McCartney, U2 and Bryan Ferry, to the newer class of The National, St. Vincent, Arctic Monkeys, Haim, and Father John Misty.
- Grimes announces she is pregnant
- R.I.P. Jack Sheldon, Schoolhouse Rock! singer and jazz musician dead at 88
- Patti Smith wrote Greta Thunberg a poem for her 17th birthday
- Chet Hanks, Tom Hanks' rapper son, spoke in a fake Jamaican accent for the entirety of the Golden Globes
- Lori Loughlin hires prison coach, learns martial arts