Well, it’s not Ron Perlman, but it’s not bad! The official Twitter account for the movie reboot of Hellboy posted the first look at David Harbour as the stone-fisted son of Azzael today, and he’s just as big as the Guillermo del Toro version, but he’s distinctly meaner-looking this time around. The scarring on his massive chest is a little more gnarly. (Vulture will make an exception for him in the case against too-swoll men since he is half-demon.) The horns are more coarsely shorn off. The scowl is a little more, well, scowley, and at least from this front-facing angle, the patterned markings on his right shoulder that Perlman sported seem to be absent in this incarnation. With Stranger Things going bigger and more fantastic this season, maybe Harbour’s Sheriff Hopper will get touched by the supernatural and morph into Hellboy to thwart the sieging elements of the upside-down. Okay, that definitely will not happen, but it wouldn’t feel totally out of place if it did.
Holy crapHellboy (@HellboyMovie) September 13, 2017
- Jackie Hoffman Screams ‘Damn It’ After Losing to Laura Dern, Goes on Emmy-Worthy Twitter Tirade
- The Highs and Lows of the 2017 Emmy Awards
- How The Handmaid’s Tale Changed the Game for Hulu
- Big Little Lies, The Handmaid’s Tale Lead the 2017 Emmy Winners
- FBI Investigating Alleged Sex-Tape Extortion Plot Against Kevin Hart