The post Dave Navarro on Raising Mental Health Awareness, Losing Legends, and Covering Ziggy Stardust appeared first on Consequence of Sound.
Dave Navarro calls up Kyle Meredith to discuss teaming up with Billy Morrison for their second Above Ground concert, which benefits MusiCares while raising awareness of mental health. Navarro tells us why the organization means so much to him, the tragedy of losing so many of our heroes and friends, and how he keeps a check on his own mental health. The show is also a tribute to the two musician’s love of vinyl, so they’ll be performing David Bowie’s Ziggy Stardust and The Stooges’ debut LP from front to back alongside Perry Farrell, Gavin Rossdale, Billy Idol, Billy Duffy, and Wayne Kramer.
Kyle Meredith With… is an interview series in which WFPK’s Kyle Meredith speaks to a wide breadth of musicians. Every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, Meredith digs deep into the artist’s work to find out how the music is made and where their journey is going, from legendary artists like Robert Plant, Paul McCartney, U2 and Bryan Ferry, to the newer class of The National, St. Vincent, Arctic Monkeys, Haim, and Father John Misty.
- Morrissey's US tour suffers from low ticket sales
- Trent Reznor acknowledges contribution to "Old Town Road" after CMA Awards nomination
- Kevin Hart injured after car crashes in Malibu Hills [Updated]
- R.I.P. Gordon Bressack, Pinky and the Brain writer dead at 68
- Bear Grylls rescued by medics after near-fatal bee sting