Tidwell competed at age 22 on the show. Originally from Norfolk, Va., he was a contemporary dance specialist. His brother danced in the previous season and also came in second.
More from Deadline
- Mart Crowley Dies: The Trailblazing 'Boys In The Band' Playwright Was 84
- Nicholas Tucci Dies: Star Of SyFy's 'Channel Zero' And Cult Film 'You're Next' Was 38
- McCoy Tyner Dies: Jazz Piano Giant With Resume In Soundtracks, Film, TV Was 81
Emmy-winning choreographer Travis Wall, the deceased’s brother, saluted Tidwell on Instagram.
“Yesterday I lost a brother. And we all lost a gift,” he wrote, including a slideshow of Tidwell photos. “I’m not ready. But I never think I will be. Because I can’t believe this is real. I can’t believe you’re gone. You were more than my brother. You were my inspiration. I idolized you growing up. Wanted to dance just like you. Wanted to be you!”
Tidwell was adopted by mother Denise Wall at age 12. He became a member at American Ballet Theater after joining in 2003.
No memorial plans or survivors have been revealed.
Best of Deadline
- Coronavirus: US Death Toll Grows To 21; 18 From Washington State Nursing Home
- Hong Kong Filmart Postponed Due To Coronavirus Fears; Event Moves Two Weeks Before Toronto
- Peacock Programming: List Of NBCUniversal Streaming Service’s Series, Films, Sports, News & More