There’s no better place to discuss the rigors of life on the road than in the heart of a tour bus—and we did just that. This Must Be the Gig spent the afternoon with indie rock mainstays The Dandy Warhols prior to their recent tour stop in Chicago. Zia McCabe and Brent DeBoer shared some of their pre-gig time to discuss their first concerts (including Nelson and the Beach Boys), the allure of things going wrong on-stage, Brent’s move to Australia, and so much more. Plus, we dig into childhood memories, including the time Brent daydream-invented the concept of the music festival and the moment when Zia realized she wanted to be a performer: jumping onstage with a wedding band as a child.
Stream the full episode above.
This week’s episode of This Must Be the Gig is presented by StubHub. From now through Sunday, August 18th, StubHub is offering $25 off of any concert ticket available via its official mobile app. Just use the promo code “CONCERT25” at checkout.
- Second person comes forward accusing Katy Perry of sexual harassment
- Full Woodstock recording to air on WXPN at exact time of original festival
- "Teenage Dream" video star accuses Katy Perry of sexual harassment
- Mr. Bungle reunite for first concerts in 20 years [Updated]
- Bauhaus frontman Peter Murphy suffers heart attack