Titled “The Hill,” the series is described as a character drama that lives at the supercharged intersection of media and Capitol Hill where everything is transacted: information, sex, love, fame and power. The series focuses on the people who make this world home.
More from Variety
- TV Ratings: New Shows Stable, Still Low
- 'Modern Family' Director Jason Winer Sets New Show at NBC (EXCLUSIVE)
- TV Ratings: 'This Is Us,' NBC Win Tuesday
Paul Grellong serves as writer and executive producer, along with Chris King and Josh Berman of Osprey Productions and Wendy Walker. Sony Pictures Television, where Osprey is set up under an overall deal, will produce.
Grellong previously wrote the for NBC shows “Revolution” and “Law & Order: SVU,” serving as a co-executive producer on the former and a co-producer on the latter. His other writing and producing credits include “Hawaii Five-O,” “Scorpion,” and “Terra Nova.”
This is the third announced project that Osprey has set up at NBC this development season. It was previously announced that the company was producing a series adaptation of the film “St. Elmo’s Fire” with Berman attached to write, as well as a drama from writer David Slack that follows a group who tried to cheat death by having themselves frozen.
Best of Variety
- Emmys Trivia: 20 Surprising Facts From 2019's Nominations
- Listen: Hugh Grant on Why He Would Kill Social Media if He Could
- 'Game of Thrones' Filming Locations in Northern Ireland to Open as Tourist Attractions