Synergy is a strong thing in the music business, and Justin Bieber continues his expansion into other genres with his latest feature, joining country stars Dan + Shay — with whom he also shares a manager, Scooter Braun — on a new single released today called “10,000 Hours.”
Dan + Shay are of course best known for last year’s smash single “Tequila,” which was the most-streamed country song released in 2018 (now approaching a billion on-demand streams) and for which they won a Grammy.
More from Variety
- Florida Georgia Line Wrap Up Tour With Three New ACMs
- Spate of Luxury Travel Experts Cater to Stars Like Oprah, Justin Bieber and Jessica Alba
- CMT Boosts Kane Brown, Luke Combs, Dan + Shay as 'Artists of the Year'
The duo’s Dan Smyers and Shay Mooney co-wrote the song with Bieber along with Jessie Jo Dillon, Jordan Reynolds and longtime Bieber collaborator Jason “Poo Bear” Boyd.
At this year’s CMA Awards, Dan + Shay are up for Duo of the Year, Album of the Year and Single of the Year for hit “Speechless,” with Smyers receiving an additional nomination for Song of the Year as a co-writer, alongside Nicolle Galyon and Jordan Reynolds, on “Tequila” for the second year.
On the group’s latest and self-titled album, Smyers is credited as a songwriter on nine of the 11 tracks, also serving as co-producer with Scott Hendricks. The duo will head to Australia this fall as part of superstar Shawn Mendes’ self-titled tour.
Best of Variety
- Emmys Trivia: 20 Surprising Facts From 2019's Nominations
- Listen: Hugh Grant on Why He Would Kill Social Media if He Could
- 'Game of Thrones' Filming Locations in Northern Ireland to Open as Tourist Attractions