Kamala Harris is being hailed by some for the historic nomination of a black, Asian woman to a major party’s vice presidential slot.
President Donald Trump had a slightly different take, noted Trevor Noah. The show ran clips of the President’s condemnations of Harris’ comments on Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh during his nomination process. Trump also noted how Harris said bad things about her running mate, Joe Biden, earlier in the primary season.
More from Deadline
- Joe Biden And Kamala Harris Call For Mask Mandates Nationwide To Prevent Coronavirus
- BET Sets 'Black America Votes: The VP Choice' Special To Spotlight Kamala Harris's Historic Candidacy
- Doh! Trump Adviser's Dig Comparing Kamala Harris To Marge Simpson Stirs Twitterverse
“Is Trump attacking or defending Joe Biden?” asked Noah. “Of all people, he should understand that you can work with your enemies.” Noah then listed Ted Cruz, Marco Rubio and Jared Kushner, “who married the love of Trump’s life,” as former attackers turned defenders. .
But President Trump isn’t the only one having a hard time. Various Fox pundits ran down Harris’ record, calling her “soft on crime,” “no friend of police,” “a boring pick.”
“They better figure this out soon or their attack ads will be really unconvincing,” said Noah. He then played an imaginary attack ad that showed their confusion.
Watch it below.
Kamala Harris is confusing the s**t out of Trump and Fox News. pic.twitter.com/YuwMQW0zAt
Best of Deadline
- U.S. Coronavirus Update: New Cases Break Record 70,000 For The First Time; Infections Up 40% Since Early July
- Coronavirus: Movies That Have Halted Or Delayed Production Amid Outbreak
- Hong Kong Filmart Postponed Due To Coronavirus Fears; Event Moves Two Weeks Before Toronto