Kevin Smith is returning to the Arrowverse, this time in front of the camera. Smith, who has directed several episodes of Greg Berlanti’s superhero dramas, will host a series of aftershows for The CW’s upcoming “Crisis on Infinite Earths” crossover, the network announced via social media.
According to the announcement, Smith will host two installments of the “Crisis” aftershow — one after Supergirl‘s episode on Sunday, Dec. 8 (9/8c) and another after The Flash‘s episode on Tuesday, Dec. 10 (9 pm). Peruse the announcement for yourself below:
More from TVLine
- Black Lightning Recap: Tobias Drops a Bombshell! And Is [Spoiler] a Meta?!
- Batwoman Recap: Who Learned Kate's Secret? Plus, Joker's Identity Revealed
- 'Crisis on Infinite Earths' Teaser: First Look at the Epic Arrowverse Crossover
Smith has directed several episodes of Supergirl (2017’s “Supergirl Lives,” “Distant Sun” and “Damage,” as well as 2018’s “Bunker Hill”) and The Flash (2016’s “The Runaway Dinosaur” and “Killer Frost,” as well as 2018’s “Null and Annoyed”), but this is the first time his efforts in the Arrowverse involve on-camera participation. This also marks a first for The CW, which has never before aired an aftershow for any of its series.
It’s not yet known whether Smith will also host the aftershow when Arrow and Legends of Tomorrow‘s episodes air in January.
Will you be tuning in? And what are your hopes for The CW’s latest “Crisis”? Whatever’s on your mind, drop it in a comment below.
Best of TVLine
- Arrowverse Big Bads, Ranked (2019): Who Are the Best at Being the Worst?
- Arrowverse Big Bads, Ranked!
- The Arrowverse's Big Unmaskings, Ranked — From A to Zoom